The internship program, like the co-op program is designed to give students professional experience. However, the internship program differs in that students typically only work one work term at a company. Most companies only recruit students for internship positions that take place during the summer between the student’s junior and senior year. Like co-ops, all internship positions are paid.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 with no failing grades the previous semester
- You must have at least thirty hours of academic credit
- You must be registered as a full-time student at UT
- Transfer students can participate after one full semester in the UT Tickle College of Engineering
- You must sign an agreement with the Office of Engineering Professional Practice prior to going on your work assignment
- You must have an official transcript and resume on file with this office.
- You cannot do a co-op and an internship at the same time
- While on assignment, you must have full-time status (work a minimum of thirty-five hours per week)
- Work at least ten weeks in the summer with a thirteen-week maximum
- Work at least sixteen weeks in the spring or fall with a nineteen/twenty-week maximum